Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Lent Update

I'm almost 3 weeks into my "no refined sugar" diet/Lent. I was feeling really great until I went to Illinois over the weekend. I don't know, but I think daily wine intake is probably not great for the diet. Although, it probably has some religious value and since I am doing this for Lent, I've forgiven myself.

On Saturday, at Maggie's shower, I had two cake pops (I had to try both flavors!) and I also consumed some sweetened chex mix (okay, I binged, but it was amazingly good), and I felt disgusting after...like physically sick. It made me think. I feel good and healthy without sugar, but if I can't even have a splurge now and then without feeling sick....well, then that's no fun at all. This no sugar thing has some drawbacks that I didn't consider.

So I'm still on the wagon after just a brief, quick, teeny weeny, little bump. But I'm already quite bored.

Lent is taking forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment