Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Half full, half empty. It's really the same.

I bought new mascara today. I love buying new make-up. It makes me feel good. Today, I decided I would try something new. I like what I was using, but I really love Drew Barrymore and since her face was staring at me above the rows of yellow tubes, I thought, "If it's good enough for her, it must be great. I'll try it."
So I got home and opened up the mascara. I looked inside the tube, which is something I've never done before, and is actually not very easy, and guess what. It's only half full. It costs $8. It's like an ounce of mascara.

What is in mascara that makes it so expensive? Water and wax?

3 comments:

  1. Now, I'm not much of a physics buff, but I imagine that the tube cannot not be completely full because the black stuff would ooze out when the wand is put inside the tube. Maybe this is a job for Myth Busters...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You raise a good point, but I think 3/4 full would suffice. AND the wand and brush is super thin. The only thing I like about this mascara is the way it looks in my hand when I'm applying it. It's kind of a mustard yellow tube and I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CORRECTION: the wand and brush ARE super thin. Yikes.

    ReplyDelete