Monday, June 21, 2010

Shopping for Dummies

I'm having some issues with my closet lately. I'm not happy with anything in it. I think I have a t-shirt for every day of the week for an entire year. Well...that would be 365 t-shirts, so maybe not. But it's a lot.

It's so hot here that all I can stand to wear are dresses and skirts. I'm fine with that. I don't like things sticking to me, especially "down there" so the more freedom I have, the better.

A couple of months ago, I bought a dress from Dillard's. I kinda hate department store shopping, but I was with my mother so it was either look at clothes for me or watch her. Obvious, right? So I saw a dress hanging up and tried it on. It was a little tight across the chest (I know), but still pretty cute...and super cheap. I've worn it 2 times.

Recently, I was out and saw a little girl...probably about 12 years old...wearing my dress. Ummmm....hmmm. Did I buy a dress in the "Girls 7-14" department? That would explain the tightness in the chest...

So I wore the dress again, with reluctance. It really changed things for me after I saw the little girl wearing it. While I was driving, I reached back to help Olivia with something. As I reached my arm behind my seat, my shoulder strap broke.

Either I'm the spawn of the Incredible Hulk or I bought a dress for a 12 yr old girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment