Monday, May 16, 2011

The C-Word

I received a phone call today. It was a survey. Normally, if there isn't an actual person on the other side of the phone, I hang up. However, sometimes it's Emma's school and they have been conducting some important surveys recently. So I listened.

It started off something like this, "You have been selected as one of the top Conservatives in your area to take a survey."
Hmm...I'm pretty sure I've never been called THAT before. I continue to listen, and it's Dick something blabbing about how awful Obama is and how he's created a $1.5 trillion deficit, and blah blah blah. And the guy plugs his book a few times during the conversation. After about 2 minutes, a man comes on the phone and asks me, on a scale of 1-5, how I would rate Obama as President. I gave him a number and then that was the last question. What the hell happened to the rest of the survey?? Fucking fair weather players.
Before the guy tries to quickly dismiss me, I give him a few words to digest. Actually, if I could have reached through the phone and choked someone, I would have.

The one time I didn't let Olivia answer the phone.

Don't spread hate. Dick.

No comments:

Post a Comment