Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Somebody call 9-1-1

Olivia called 9-1-1 today.

I laid down for about 30 minutes because I have a sinus infection and want to blow my face off. During my short time of vulnerability, she takes the phone and I can hear her pushing numbers. I ask for it, she pretends to give it to me, and just as I go to grab it, she jerks it back and laughs. We did this 4 times before I forfeited. And that's when she called 9-1-1, because when she finally decides to give me the phone, it's calling 9-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1. Awesome. I tell them there's no emergency (yet), and hang up.

Last night, Olivia wanted to sleep with Emma, which would have been fine if sleep was actually involved. After I tucked them into bed, I walked across the house to my room where Scott is watching a movie at a volume level that was equivalent to that of being in the actual movie theatre. Just as my head is about to hit the pillow, I hear yelling coming from Emma's room. Ugh. I knew this was a bad idea. I walked through the living room, and as I turned to walk down the hallway, I can see Olivia standing at the foot of Emma's bed, running and diving into the pillow, yelling, "Superrr Paaants!!!!" What. The. Hell. As soon as she sees me, she jumps into bed and I tell her to go to sleep. "Fine!"
I decided to listen and see what's next because I can tell that this little monster is not going to sleep. Emma is laying on the floor on a heap of blankets, per her request, and Olivia is laying on Emma's bed.
I hear, "Good night, Emma."
"Good night, Olivia."
"Good night, Emma."
"Good night, Olivia."
"Good night, Emma."
"Good night, Olivia."
"Good night, Emma."
"Good night, Olivia."
"Good night, Emma.""Good night, Olivia."
"Good night, Emma."
As soon as I walked back to my bedroom, I could hear music coming from across the house.

Olivia is playing the keyboard.

Upon me entering Emma's room, she quickly runs away, stepping on Emma, runs across the bed, and I tell her to go to sleep. She yanks her head to the side and pretends to snore. Loudly.

This should really piss me off, and sometimes it does, but usually it makes me like her more. And, actually, it makes me like Emma more, too, because she is so much better than her little sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment