Monday, March 22, 2010

Having kids is hard.

Emma got punched in the face at school today. 

As awful as that sounds, it's also kind of funny. I mean, what 5 year old little girl gets punched in the face?  I asked her what happened and she said, "Pretend I'm Jeremiah and you're me." Uh....no thanks. You got punched in the eye. I'm not "pretending" to get punched by you. So yes, she got punched by a boy in her class, who walked up to her and punched her in the eye.

The thing is Emma really is a nice girl. Especially at school. So I really don't think she deserved to get punched. And this kid has been trouble since Christmas break. I do kind of hope this means she will stop threatening to punch me though.

Rewind to last week. I picked her up from school and she said,
"Mom, Mason said to me, "You're hot" and not the kind of hot where you feel my head to see if I'm sick."
"Oh really? What other kind of hot is there?"
"The kind where he wants to maaaaarry me."

The next day, with a huge smile:
"Mom, I think I am falling in love with Kip."
"What do you mean you're falling in love with Kip?"
"I keep staring at him. We are going to get married!"

And then the next day was just, "I love boys!"

Why in the hell would God give me two girls? I seriously hope Olivia is a lesbian.

No comments:

Post a Comment