Monday, June 8, 2009



Something has been on my mind for awhile so I thought why not blog about it? (For the record, I will not be blogging about everything on my mind - first of all, I would be in big trouble. Secondly, there is way too much on my mind, to even try to keep track of it all would be impossible.) So Emma, my darling first born, asked to have a picnic. I absolutely had no time for it as I had a million things to do that day. BUT after she said she would have the picnic by herself, there was no way I could allow that. So. I made lunch, she put the blanket in the yard and we sat and had a picnic. So you might wonder what we talked about. She wanted to talk about what a nice daddy she has. A little surprised she would want to talk about him when I am the one spending this good quality time with her. But fine. Sure, I agreed, he's a nice daddy. But Mommy's a nice Mommy, right? LONG pause. And then..."You're pretty..." And the way she said it was as if it was the consolation prize. WHAT?? I'm pretty?? I'm not NICE??
No, sometimes I get in trouble.
Yeah, that's because sometimes you're naughty.

So then I realized I'd much rather be pretty than be nice. I don't care if it's the consolation prize. I'm just fine with not being nice. And there won't be anymore picnics either.

No comments:

Post a Comment