Monday, May 3, 2010

Sleepless in Alabama

I have been doing some strange things in my sleep recently.

This morning I woke myself up laughing. I was dreaming that I was in the elevator of a hotel with the girls with whom I work and every time we got out of the elevator, it was a steep downhill slope. So we would fall out of the elevator toppling over each other and eventually landing in disarray against a wall with our luggage all landing on us. I laughed every time. I'm still laughing just thinking about it. Can you imagine??

And then there's my Olivia dreams. That kid is taking years off my life. Nearly every night I jump out of bed looking for Olivia. Scott is pretty sick of this since I wake him up a few times a night by suddenly jumping up.

I'll tell you a bit about the dream he liked...

Last week I had an impromptu drunk evening with Katie. We got drunk on a Sunday night, which ended in needing someone to come pick us up. Around here, getting drunk on a Sunday night is a bit frowned upon. So is yelling "Jesus" when you get pissed off. Whoopsie.

I'm still not clear if it was the rum or earlier conversations, but my dream that night prompted me to act out, and before I knew it, I was in a compromising situation, which when I awoke led to a lot of confusion. The next morning, Scott asked, "What were YOU dreaming about last night??"

"Not you."

No comments:

Post a Comment