Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Scrapbooking sucks.

"Where did we take the kids on vacation when they were little?" I texted my friend Becky last night.

"Cozumel"

"Thanks, I'm scrapbooking and couldn't remember."

"OMG no way! The kids were 1 at that time...you're really on top of things!"

Actually, her son was 1, Emma was 9 months, if we're getting technical.

When Emma was a baby, scrapbooking was all the rage and everyone I knew was doing it. I jumped on the bandwagon, and started, but that was about as far as I got.

Yesterday, I decided to go to Hobby Lobby and buy more scrapbooking crap. Now that there's two children, I need to be more on top of this. Plus, all of the supplies are taking up way too much room in my closet. Truthfully, the last thing I need is more stuff. But that seems to be the only part of this scrapbooking gig that I can get into.

I have about 3 scrapbooking books, lots of cute paper, and lots of scissors...all currently sprawled across my kitchen table right now. I got it all out....again. Per the above conversation, I only have 5+ more years of Emma to go and don't even get me started on Olivia's. At one point...really at several points, I decided I am just sticking all these pictures in photo albums and I bought a closet full of albums. I mean, seriously, scrapbooking is ridiculous. You have this huge book and you can only stick a few pictures on a page; not to mention, it's extremely time consuming.

It made me think of the most recent season of The Bachelorette and that queer who made a scrapbook for Ali. There is no way he did that himself. He must have a sister who is a Creative Memories consultant. If he did do it himself, he's obviously gay and shouldn't have been on that show.

If I can just get through this first year for both of these children, I think the rest of the pictures will be going into albums. If I could pay someone to do the scrapbooks for me, I would do it in a heartbeat. Not that I can afford to do that....but when has that ever stopped me before.

2 comments:

  1. If you lived closer I would do the girls first year books. That is what I did for my two boys. I was actually trying to find people to do books for at one point, just ask Adri. I've done a wedding album for a friend & first year books for my 2 nephews. It IS time consuming for sure! Although it can be theraputic. I charged $50-$60 depending on how many photos & if I used all my supplies. Good luck with this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! I remember Lori asking me, and I STILL haven't done anything for my boys! I think about this constantly, and how I AT THE LEAST need to do a baby book of their first year. It is way time consuming. Agreed. But, hate to tell ya (not really), that you appear to be more screwed than me. I have just 3 years to work on. :o)

    ReplyDelete