Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Smartphone Madness

I went to Verizon for the third time this month. It's only the 17th of August. 

I ordered my Android Incredible sometime in June and got it the end of July. I've questioned it ever since I've had it.  This phone has more options on it than anyone should ever need...or even know about. It's way too advanced for me and is very distracting.

So I walked into the store, and Clarence, a young good looking black guy who I may crush just a little, saw me looking at the BlackBerry Bold, again, and asked if I'm liking my phone any better. I said no. But I don't hate it. He was helping another couple who purchased a different Droid phone. I leaned against the counter, waiting for him to finish with them so I could get some full on new phone therapy. I really needed to exchange my cover for a different one, and that was my excuse for going in again. But really, I needed reassurance that I should keep my phone and not trade it in for my BlackBerry. The other couple enjoyed Clarence, too, and soon, another man joined our party. Really, we were all just waiting for Clarence.

I asked Clarence again if he likes the BlackBerry Bold or Tour better. His answer was he likes the phone I have the best.

"Okay, but if you were going to get the BlackBerry, would you get the Bold or the Tour?"

The lady of the couple getting new phones said she hated her BlackBerry.

She's crazy. I love BlackBerry. And every time I watch "Keeping Up With The Kardashians", I see them all with their BlackBerry's and it makes me jealous. I kept that part to myself. I didn't need them thinking I was crazy. So they asked me why I want the BlackBerry and I told them because I like to push buttons, and I motioned with my thumbs.

They all laughed. I didn't get why that was funny as I wasn't kidding. And it's completely legitimate.

Finally, I told Clarence I am returning my old black cover, and exchanging it for a reddish one. I took the old one off and put the new one on.

"I like it better already." I told him. He looked at me and shook his head. Now, I realize that this statement isn't exactly logical, but it's true. I really like my phone better. But I still think I should have gotten the BlackBerry.

No comments:

Post a Comment