Thursday, August 26, 2010

Love and Marriage

Scott and I just celebrated our 9 year anniversary.

NINE YEARS.

THAT is a lifetime. When you're speaking marriage, anyway.

I was thinking some of you may appreciate some tips in how to make your marriage work...like mine.

1.  Be realistic. Scott and I always set goals like, "After we've been married for # years, we'll call it quits."  There's no need to drag it out. And sometimes it helps to know that there's an end in sight.

2. We've agreed that if one of us starts to act or look like (insert family member here), we agree that the one has the right to leave the other.

3. I am always right, he is always wrong. He thinks I have a problem with admitting when I'm wrong or apologizing. I have to remind him that I will apologize when I'm wrong, but it's very seldom. That's probably why he can't remember when I have admitted wrongdoings.



And I think that's it. It's nothing complicated...not a lot to remember.

Just keep it simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment