Wednesday, August 12, 2009

No Smoking at the Dinner Table

The neighbor girl was over playing with Emma and we invited her to stay for dinner. I made organic macaroni and cheese for the girls and sat down to talk to them. The little girl is very sweet and has very good manners, "Yes, ma'am. No ma'am. Ma'am?" It's adorable and I feel like I'm in Steel Magnolias. Then Emma reminds I'm not. She says, "I think I'm gonna smoke when I get big." Err... Really? Really, Emma? You want to smoke? That's fine, I tell her. I'm sorry to tell you though that all your pretty pink insides are going to turn black and ashy. It's really gross. She giggles, grosses out, and changes her mind, but I'm worried now that the little girl is going to tell her mom about our dinner conversation. I've talked to her many times and she is very nice so I felt like I would tell her in case this comes up out of the blue and sounds that much worse coming from a kindergartener. She laughs in shock and then tells me that when Emma was over there for dinner, they hold hands and say the blessing. She didn't want to freak Emma out and told her she didn't have to do it. Emma agreed to opt out. Yes, I'm sure she did. Because she is the anti-christ.

1 comment:

  1. This kid IS a rockstar. Well done jennifer. I feel really good about this. If one must have kids, this is how they should be raised! Little free thinking anti-christs! Yay you.

    ReplyDelete