Monday, August 24, 2009

Will work for....work.


Okay, I haven't been working for a month now. And before that, it was very sporadic. I don't like this. My goal was never to be a housewife or a stay at home mom or whatever you want to call it. I would hate to work in an office again though and LOVE my situation with working from home. But I'm not built for this housewife garbage. I don't do laundry. I don't like to clean. I try to organize, which I actually like to do, but organization usually leads to a bigger mess. For example, I cleaned the closet Friday. Maybe it was Thursday. Anyway, I took everything out and replaced things neatly back in the closet. Then, I had all this extra stuff I don't know what to do with. That's right. I said "don't", as in present tense. Because it's still sitting outside of the closet. I realize we've only lived in this house for about a month, but when we unpacked, I put all of the stuff I didn't have a place for in the closet. That's kinda a lot of stuff. Today, I painted the girls' bathroom. I really wanted to quit because it took way longer than I had planned and I get bored easily, but my brother was helping so I kept telling him I thought I was going to pass out and leaving the room for as long as I could without him becoming suspicious. A lot more got done that way. Typically, I like to paint and hang things up and move furniture around. I guess I was just extra tired today. Maybe from the closet cleaning. Or maybe from laying on the beach yesterday. Both are equally exhausting really. I do like to cook and I really appreciate the time I have now to put some thought into my dinner. Unfortunately, Scott isn't fond of the vegetarian meals so my dinners really don't benefit him...at all, I suppose. I would like to share a really good vegetarian idea with you now. This is what you do: Drizzle olive oil in a pan. Add chopped eggplant, mushrooms, roasted red peppers, sun-dried tomatoes and mushrooms. You can also add other veggies like zucchini, squash, onion, whatever. Saute that for a little while. Oh and garlic, too. Then put it on either a wrap or bread or you can put it on an english muffin for a little pizza. I put it on a multi-grain sandwich thin. Then, put mozzarella and bleu cheese on top and put it under the broiler until it's melted. Yum-O.
So, you see, I'm pretty sure I would get fired at this if it was possible. I really just want some meetings to plan. Please, recession, end. My motivation only lasts for so long when it comes to this housework stuff. Shopping has obviously been an outlet, but that can be a problem and is really a whole different blog.

2 comments:

  1. Now why don't I live with you? I hate cooking and I love vegetarian. My organizing goes EXACTLY the same way. Staring at a pile right now. Please let me know when you figure out what to do. Maybe a trunk? But then that would fill up. So, let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My geography isn't that great, but I think that if we met in the middle, we could get a house in Oklahoma. We would most likely be on Oprah in no time with people calling us hoarders, but we would look really good and eat well. And think of all the fun we would have.
    I have a trunk. It is kept closed right now with the TV. It was the only thing heavy enough to hold the lid shut.

    ReplyDelete