Monday, August 3, 2009

I took a shower with a cockroach today...

No, I don't mean Scott. Although I would like to squish him just the same.
I was taking a shower today, looked down to get shampoo and through my uncorrected vision spotted a huge black cockroach. Like the size of my thumb, from my bottom knuckle to the top of my thumb. Huge. I screamed like I was being attacked, which isn't far from reality, jumped out of the shower still screaming, woke up the baby, and Scott finally came into the bathroom as I stood there dripping wet still screaming that there is a humongo cockroacho in the shower. He grabbed a tissue and tried to catch it. What... a dumbass. You can't CATCH a cockroach. Grab a shoe and smash that sucker. I don't know how he killed it because I couldn't stay and watch, but I will never, ever be able to shower with peace of mind. In fact, I'm sure months have been taken off my life by the simple fear of another one attacking. I thought snakes, alligators and sharks were the biggest of my fears. Apparently not.
Other than those things, Alabama has been alright...I can't really complain. Okay, well, I'm sure I can, but I don't have to. I don't want to be a complainer. I read in my People mag that some hot celeb said he hates complainer girls, so I took a moment of self reflection to see if I'm one of those. I came to the conclusion that I'm not. I have a lot to say...and I say what I think, be it positive or negative. I don't think that makes me a complainer. It makes me observant and honest. But I'm a happy person and I would rather see the positive side of things so that makes me not a complainer. Anyway, I am enjoying this experience so far. There are a lot of fun things to do. We are so close to the beach and it's very pretty here. I like it. We finally found a house, moved in one week ago and I have been crazy busy unpacking, painting, decorating, and making it our home. I haven't been to zumba in 2 weeks tho and I miss pretending to be a latin dancer...which isn't hard to do since there are no mirrors. And when you fixate on the instructor for so long, you actually start to believe you look like she does. It's great for self image.
So I've met many people....all very pleasant. Every single one of them have one thing in common. They have ALL invited us to their churches. Why?? I don't WANT to go to church. I don't do it, don't believe in it, and think it is a bit of a convo killer. Can't we just do dinner or something? Why do I have to go to church in order to see you? I just want to hang out. Finally, one of my neighbors came over and she asked me if I met someone. I told her yes and that she invited me to her church. I then went on to tell her every person in Baldwin County has invited me to their church and I can't remember all of the people and their churches. All I want is to have friends to go to the beach with...have dinner with...drink with...whatever. So I spilled it and I picked the right person to spill to (never end a sentence with a preposition...it's my biggest pet peave, but I can't avoid it in this case. Oh wait...yes I can. Let me rephrase.) All I want is to have friends with whom to go to the beach....to dinner...to have a drink...whatever. So I spilled it and I picked the right person to whom to spill. THANKFULLY, she agreed. She said they are the heathens of the neighborhood and we could hang out on Sunday mornings. Whew. Close call.
That's the Alabaman update for now. I'm confident I'll have more very soon.

1 comment:

  1. Jennifer- I love this blog... it is so fun! If it were my husband trying to kill the bug, the damn thing always gets away from him, or he drops it half dead and never sees where it lands... in your case,I hope Scott got it picked up!!! Hang in there down in Alabama... you may just grow to love it!
    Amy Repaal-Mumm your biggest blogging fan :0)

    ReplyDelete