Friday, October 9, 2009

One Two Three Four. Uno Dos Tres Quattro

It was only a matter of time. Zumba has changed my life. I am in love with it and want to marry it. I have done my share of aerobics/workouts/weight loss strategies. I've saran wrapped my waist. I've wrapped elastic things around my thighs. I've tried starvation. I've tried only walking on my tip toes. I've even done aerobics and lifted weights, but that's so old fashioned I'm almost embarrassed to admit that I was naive enough to think that would work or stick.

There is nothing I haven't and will not try. I'm above nothing.

Then came along Zumba. It is a dance fitness class that incorporates hip hop, belly and latin dancing for an intense energetic, awesome workout. The music and dancing is a BLAST! I literally feel like I'm on vacation every time I'm there. My class has about 200 people of all different ages...and sizes. Most of them are a bit lost (not me of course), but there are no mirrors and you're so fixated on trying to imitate the instructor, no one cares what they look like. The instructor has a rockin body and has the moves to back it up. I stare at her so hard to keep up with the moves, that I actually start to believe that I look like her. It's liberating, it's an ego boost, it's FUN. It's an ass shaker. And kicker. Last night I started to have flashbacks of my dance class days. The instructor was looking in my direction and I thought she was going to yell at me "5, 6, 7, 8! Come on!" But she didn't, and I was just a tad bit disappointed. I wanted to relive my teenage years for just a minute.

And then I came home and ate a quarter of a chocolate cake.

Damn it.

1 comment:

  1. Dance is downright awesome. It is liberating and fulfilling because it is so self-expressive. And hey, you earned that chocolate cake through your workout. It's a win-win!

    cha cha cha

    ReplyDelete