Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Funny People in Alabama

I saw something today that reminded me of some funny things that I have witnessed since living down here. So I'm sharing them with you.

1.  I had just arrived at the gas station to get gas. I hate getting gas. It is the 21st century. You would think there would be a better way to fuel your car other than having to manually open your gas tank, push buttons on a machine and lift the gas gun and stick it in your car. Ugh. I hate it. Not this particular day though. I pulled up just in time for a guy to finish pumping gas, get in his car. and drive away with the gas gun STILL IN his car. The pump jerked out of his tank and onto the ground. He got out, looked at the pump, picked it up and stood and stared at the gas pump. He was obviously embarrassed and didn't know what else to do. I, on the other hand, was laughing so hard I had to lay flat in my car so he couldn't see me. That might have been the funniest thing I have ever seen.

2.  I was walking downtown, on my way to pick up Emma from school. I was walking by a bed and breakfast when I heard rustling in the bushes and then "Dagnammit!" I looked and a lady, about 60 years old, had fallen backwards into the bushes. She was laying with her feet in the air and her butt sunken down in the bushes. Again, I laughed and hurried off.

3. Today, I was driving downtown and saw a lady walking two petite, fragile dogs. Two men were walking by her, in the same direction, one said something to her (I'm assuming about the dogs), and while he was looking at her, talking, he tripped OVER one of the dogs! He is a big man! He could have killed that little dog!

3 comments:

  1. Hilarious! I like scenario #2, because it reminds me of something I would do. Well, truth be told, I could see myself doing all three, but I can totally envision #2. Did you cry you laughed so hard? See? There ARE benefits to being home full-time. You never would have experienced all this joy...and your walk to school sounds picturesque...comedy and all!
    Smooches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did 1# once, but WHILE THE GAS WAS STILL PUMPING! That was embarrassing, because there was a really cute girl looking at me beforehand.

    #2 Your soooo mean to walkoff!

    3# Not enough O's in SMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTH to describe his approach

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was sitting in a quiet waiting room laughing way too loud at the thought of the guy tripping over the little dog. Wait, there I go again. That's just funny.

    ReplyDelete