Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Skinny Bitch


Two years ago I read a book that changed my life. I quit eating meat immediately and was trudging toward no animal product whatsoever. I ate almost entirely organic and quit all soda and coffee. I drank water like...something that drinks a lot of water. And I felt awesome. I never felt sluggish and I had an incredible amount of energy.

Then I got pregnant with Olivia and decided it was probably not the right time to start omitting dairy from my diet, and what a great excuse to prolong veganism. So I did just that.

Well, Olivia is 9 months old and not only am I eating dairy still, but I am drinking soda, coffee and eating shit that makes me feel like just that. So as boring as this may be to you, the reader, I am vowing NOW to get my life with food back on track.

You are my accountability. Starting today, no more soda, less sugar...like way less, cookies are no longer lunch, and well, the dairy...that's just hard. I may just have to reduce instead of eliminate.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

2 comments:

  1. I read that book too and felt the same way. However, I have proved to myself on multiple occasions that being vegan doesn't necessarily make you skinny. It seems I can overeat anything. I love your new dedication and accountability via blog is genius.

    ReplyDelete