Sunday, January 31, 2010

Peanut M&M's

This week I have convinced myself that I have cancer. I'm not sure which kind yet, but I'm thinking maybe cervical or colon. Of course, my throat hurts so it could be throat.

The main symptom that convinced me of this is that my belly button has taken on a change. It looks and feels a little "fatty". At first, I blamed my OB as I thought he may have screwed up my belly button after my C-section with Olivia. I don't know what one has to do with the other, but it only makes sense.  Unless, of course, it's the c-word.

I have gone through my treatment options, and have planned my course of action. I believe that I will probably read Suzanne Somers' book, go up to Mayo and get an opinion there, then read Alicia Silverstone's book, and only eat a plant based diet. I tried eliminating sugar from my diet yesterday, and nearly finished off a bag of peanut M&M's. They really deserve the title "betcha can't eat just one."

I may eventually go to the doctor for an exam. I Googled "cancer doctor", and found out an oncologist is who I would see.

I am not making light of cancer. I only decided to blog about it because 1) it's my blog and I write about what I'm thinking about. 2) if I do have cancer, I would like to have documented my self diagnosis. And 3) if I don't have it, we will all have something to be happy about.

1 comment:

  1. Peanut M&M's are delicious and I bet that the antioxidants in the chocolate will offset the cancer and will improve your heart. It's a win win.

    ReplyDelete