Sunday, September 27, 2009

Oh no she didnt!! Yep, she did.

Warning...I'm getting somewhat political here. So stop here if you're politically sensitive (and a republican). I don't want to lose any fans (I only have 5)...oops, those are followers, not fans...so I promise not to do this very much. However, I have to say how disgusted I am in the lack of respect shown for President Obama. Democrats are as guilty as Republicans (somewhat...maybe not AS much...whatever, it's my blog!). Those fair weather Demmies.
It starts with Joe Wilson shouting at Obama during his speech. Who heckles the President....AND gets away with it? A reporter chucked his shoes at Bush and the guy gets prison time for several months. But a Congressman disrespects the President in the middle of a televised speech and there's no consequence? I love how the republicans blast Obama of lying about his health care plan - did they already forget about the lies from the previous administration that got us into this war in the first place? - I'm censoring myself right here because I don't want to get this far into politics.-
Then Fox decides not to air his speech.
And then Obama addresses school age children about the importance of education or whatever and then schools across the nation decide not to show it. Really. Emma's school included - obviously, I'm in the South. What more can I expect, but it still really pisses me off.
Here is my conclusion. It is my opinion that Obama is the most disrespected President so early in his term. Yes, Bush was disrespected, but not this much in the beginning of his term. I even supported him...and almost voted for him (thank God I didn't). Later in his term...yes, but he also proved himself to be a total idiot. So he earned it.
This is absolutely a race thing. It's ugly and pathetic, but it's the truth. Now I want people to own up and fix it.

Okay, so it wasn't "somewhat" political.

6 comments:

  1. Jen,

    It's Mike here, not Adri. Either way, Obama can't win and he did it to himself. He backed himself into a corner with his health care plan saying he wanted something figured out by the congressional recess and nothing happened. He made himself look like an idiot, not the media. The war in Iraq is essentially over and now all focus is on Afghanistan. Remember Afghanistan? The war everyone favored after 9-11 but everyone forgot. The hand picked General that Obama selected to run this effort requested more troops TO WIN THE WAR. That was back in August. It's almost October and Obama has never answered the request saying he'll think about it. Again, he made himself look like an idiot, not the media. Back in February he said if his stimulus bill was passed the national unemployment percentage would never go over 8%. The stimulus was passed…billions of our tax paying dollars going to pork barrel projects like ACORN….and what is the national unemployment percentage now? 9.7% Again, he made himself look like an idiot, not the media. This is what happens when people vote for style over substance. Our nation is unfortunately experiencing this now and will pay a price that will set us all back for generations. If his health care plan is passed then make generations upon generations because it will cost this country TRILLIONS of dollars. Just my thoughts…it’s your blog so it’s your world…but hopefully you’ll consider my points. Keeping rockin’ it in the south. We miss you all up here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aha...I've been waiting for you, Mikey! I don't think he's perfect, but I don't think any president would be able to fix the mess we were in before he took office. And now it's easy to blame him for everything. I don't want to beat a dead horse because I know we will never agree on this, but my real point here is that most Americans don't like a black president. It's a truth no one will ever admit. Honestly, do you think that outburst would have happened to Clinton? Or Bush? Do you think schools would have shown a speech given by Clinton or Bush? I do. He is not treated with the same respect as other presidents. It's black and white. Pun intended.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's Mike again....You need to drop the racial stuff. The "you're a racist if you hate on Obama" is a copout of mythical proportions. If he was white, latino, asian, etc., he still would be getting beat up over his lack of intelligence towards issues that plague us. Also, you need to stop blaming Bush for "the mess" we're in now. Obama said he would fix it. He hasn't. It's only been worse. Have you ever heard of Michael Moore? You know the film maker that would toast Bush on his policies and misgivenings? What about the documentary a few years ago where Bush was assassinated? It was hailed by CNN as a "provacative" piece of art. No joke. Then the whole thing about Congressmen calling him a liar during his speech. It was wrong and not the right place to do it. But what about Harry Reid calling Bush an idiot on national television about his war policies? The point, I am trying to make is that it works both ways. Carter, Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, Bush II and now Obama have all been villianized by the media and opposing parties in some form. You just take offense to it because it's "your guy."

    ReplyDelete
  4. The political parties are getting way too extreme and dividing the country. Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

    10 months vs 8 years. Be patient and support your President. It's the American thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What do you expect Jen, they are republicans! Can you imagine if a Democrat heckled Bush??? Oh my god! FOX NEWS would have talked about that for months!
    SMS

    ReplyDelete