Thursday, September 3, 2009

Triple Threat

I am not allowed to leave the house. I have a problem.

I know it's natural for girls to love to shop. However, my enjoyment for the sport is anything but natural. I love the grocery store. I can spend half of a day in the grocery store. There are so many new things you find if you really take the time to look at all of your options. When we lived in IL, I lived for Hilander. I was really worried I wouldn't find a grocer that would fulfill me the same way. The employees know my name. I had to distract Emma because she would point at them and say, "Mom, there's your best friend John." Emma, not everyone I talk to is my best friend, okay? Would you please STOP shouting that across the store? Well, I haven't found a replacement because that would be impossible, but I have a store that I love and makes me feel exuberant. They even separate all the organic foods in EACH aisle. They EVEN have a fountain pop dispenser so you can drink while you shop. I don't like pop though so that part is kind of useless to me, but I appreciate the effort. They want you to be comfortable while you shop. OH! Once, the bagger boy started carrying my bags outside. I was confused and asked what he was doing and he said he was taking my bags out to my car. I tried to take them from him, but he wouldn't let me take them.

Do you know how easy it is to spend hours in Home Depot? And the people are so nice and helpful. Which is sometimes annoying. Just because I'm walking around looking at everything doesn't mean I'm lost. Intentions are good though. I have painted nearly my whole house in Flat Enamel. I NEVER would have considered using flat paint, but due to the time I have spent at Home Depot, I have learned that Flat Enamel is not the same as Flat. It actually looks very nice and is washable and a lot cheaper than the other paints.

The trouble I got into yesterday was due to the fact that Home Depot, Pier 1, and Hobby Lobby were all super close to one another. Now I'm trying to figure out if Scott would be more upset if I just shopped at one store at a time and only came home with one big receipt or shopped at several different stores and spent a little at each store, but have a bunch of receipts. It seems the latter seems to get me into more trouble. Actually, both do. I need to figure this out.

It actually kind of adds to the fun of it all.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Momma, its your best friend Amy... haha just kidding... I find I have a shopping issue too... I just cant stop buying "decor"... and i was turned on the the Flat Enamel a few years ago, I love it.... Keep up the good work, and Scott, jsut keep working so you can shop :)

    ReplyDelete