Wednesday, April 7, 2010

If I only had a heart...

I leave for Mexico on Friday.

I asked Emma if she is going to miss me when I'm gone. She answers that she will and said she was talking to her friends about it today at school. So, obviously, I ask what she said.

"I told them my mom is moving to California."

"Baby, I'm not moving to California! I'm going to Mexico for a vacation!"

"Oh yeah...I forgot."

I mean, does she EVER listen to me?

Then, we got distracted.

As we were driving, I saw a man on the ground...like he had just fallen down. He was on all fours and trying to get back up...he was probably in his 60's or 70's. My first thought was, "Oh no!" and I even said it out loud. Then, I saw two ladies rush over to him to help him. As I drove by, I stopped in thought as I realized my first reaction wasn't laughing! That never happens! I always laugh when people fall. Always. I was so impressed with myself and happy that I really did care.

And then it happened.

I started laughing.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you have an age limit on laughing when people fall? Anyone over 60....probably not so funny, as they may not get up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would think so, wouldn't you? It's sick is what it is.

    ReplyDelete