Friday, April 2, 2010

Check up

I took Olivia to the doctor today. I took her a month ago because she was sick so today was a follow up.

There is nothing I hate more than going to the doctor or taking my kids to the doctor. First of all, the place is filled with germs. People go there because they're sick. Obvious. Germs. Secondly, I really don't think doctors typically know what they're talking about. Going to the doctor is really just confirmation of what I already know. So, to me, it's a waste of time and money. Finally, they want to treat everything with medication. I don't want to do that. There isn't anything a healthy diet and probiotic can't fix. It's those times that I feel defeated that I just want the doctor to look at my kids. If I decide to not go to the doctor, that's one thing. Not taking my kids teeters on child neglect. I'm not big on jail.

It took me months to find a doctor here who will consider alternative medicine. She's from New York, she is conservative when it comes to prescribing medication (for an MD), and I actually really like her.

Her nurse weighed Olivia and got a concerned look on her face and said she has lost a little weight. She lost half of an ounce. Olivia is half of an ounce lighter today, three weeks later than the last time they weighed her.

"That diet I put her on must be working" was my response.

The nurse didn't laugh.

Sheesh.

1 comment:

  1. Funny. Some people just don't have a sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete