Saturday, April 24, 2010

WHO'S a housewife???

I realize I've been a little laxed since my return from Mexico. Things don't really seem as necessary or urgent as they did before. And my house may show for it a little. JUST a little.

Scott came home one day this past week and looked at me and then took a glance around the house and said, "Man, you really suck as a housewife. I want Katie back."
Katie, for those of you who don't know, is my brother's girlfriend and she takes care of the girls for me while I am gone for work...or vacation. She is an absolute star.

"That's because I'm NOT a housewife."


Did I wake up in1950? I work Mother F-er. My job just allows me to be home for most of the year. I know I'm not bringing in a lot of income, but we are in a recession! And let's not forget that I AM taking care of your kids, too. You better check yourself. (I've moved on to 1980 at this point.)

I'm not really sure when he started believing he has a housewife, but I was happy to burst his fantasy bubble and let him know that it ain't me.

No comments:

Post a Comment