Saturday, April 3, 2010

Snakes are bad, bad things.

Snakes are NOT pets.

They are creepy and gross.

I took Emma to a birthday party today, which is a beach theme. They had sand brought in and dumped in their backyard. They had a big jumpy, pool, sand toys, all the fun stuff of a beach party. Emma and I walk in and I see big turtles crawling around. Ew. I look to my left and there is a HUMONGO, FAT snake folded up in a clear tote right next to me. My heart stopped and I ran. What. the. hell.

It's a reptile petting zoo. Fantastic. 

So Emma takes off to play and I walk over to the mother of the birthday boy and just as I was telling her how crazy she is, another mom comes up, also horrified about the snake. Suddenly, she jumps and screams, which sets me into panic mode so I start screaming and running in place. I had no idea what we were screaming about because I couldn't look, and I think my eyes may have been closed, too.

Finally, after I kind of pulled myself together, I turn around and a masked boy is standing there shooting me with a water gun. I jump again and threaten him quietly. 

I couldn't get out of there fast enough, but needed another way to get to the front of the house without passing the snake. So I went through the house. I was stopped by one of the father's who commented that we made the best entrance, which is clearly not a compliment. The situation started to replay in my head and it struck me that we were jumping and screaming like two little girls. Embarrassing.

When I got to my car, I realized I left Emma at the party with a 40 lb snake. And three turtles. I'm still not going back there until it's over.

My heart is heavy and my breathing is shallow. I actually kind of feel like I could vomit.

I've never been so thankful to have two girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment