Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Grammy Low-down

This year might have been the best Grammy's ever. They will never be as good as the VMA's, but they are actually getting close to being able to compete.

I don't have a favorite performance...nothing was really groundbreaking, but I did love a lot of them. Pink always comes through. I was a tad disappointed at the familiarity of her VMA performance, but she is super talented, and can sing while doing a trapeze act, so why not. I love her and will never say anything bad about her. I did wonder if anyone was freaking out about getting wet, but I'm assuming they were notified that they were in the "wet zone"...and who knows her actual location, she may have been watering the nobodies.

I am NOT a fan of Lady Gaga, but I am always wondering what she's going to do and wear. I liked her performance with Elton, she's a great singer/player, and I also realized why she usually has her face painted up. Yeesh! I didn't get the dirty faces at first, but then remembered she had jumped into a cauldron of flames...which doesn't explain Elton's dirty face. Do you think he could see through those glasses?

I'm over her, which is easy since I was never really with her to begin with.

Putting Eminem and Travis Barker on the stage together pretty much sealed the deal for me. Too bad most of it was edited. Did they really need to silence THAT much of the performance? What's the point? Still, I'm an Eminem lover so I was very happy to see him. And hear him, too. Lil Wayne was adorable at the end when he was giddy over his own performance.

Jason Mraz won three awards, and none were televised. Why????????

Stevie Nicks looked miserable singing with Taylor Swift. I'm not even sure she knew the song she was supposed to be singing. And why would she.

Speaking of Taylor...Taylor Swift wins Album of the Year? What a waste!!! Throw the whole category in the garbage can. She is a talented girl, and I've been happy for her until now.  I was pissed when Wynnona Judd said she wasn't deserving of the country award she won. Why take that away from her. But album of the year at the Grammy's is a different story. I hate to be a hater (not really), but ANY of the other nominees should have won it. Except DMB.

Til the Oscars...

No comments:

Post a Comment