Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The JCP

The other day I was on a mission to find a Saints shirt for a Super Bowl party. Yes, I am a bandwagon jumper, and it's just football, so who really cares anyway. Plus, they won. So it totally paid off. And I found a t-shirt with the number 9 on it, and apparently, that guy is pretty darn good.

I really wanted Reggie Bush's shirt. He's really the only guy I know on the team and that's only because he's dating Kim Kardashian.

So, as I was driving through the shopping center, I passed by JCPenney. I've passed it many times, but have never paid attention. My mother shops there, so it's an obvious sign that I would never. Ever. It IS JCPenney. I still have flashbacks of going there as a kid and climbing into the middle of the clothes racks to hide from her while she and every sales associate in the store looked for me.

I thought it was funny. She....did not.

Anyway, as I passed by, I noticed something in the window that caught my eye. "Sephora"  Huh?? There's a Sephora inside JCPenney???  No. Way.

So, I went in. Yep, there was a Sephora inside the store. Awesome. Not only was I overwhelmed with excitement about Sephora, but I was pleasantly surprised at the shopping environment at JCPenney. The lights were bright, but not fluorescenty warehouse bright, and everything looked new and, dare I say, nice.  After hanging out in Sephora for as long as I could without looking suspicious, I decided to venture out and see what the rest of the store was like. If they have Sephora, it can't be too bad, right?

Well, not exactly, but not exactly not, either.

Listen. I'm telling you, the store was the nicest department store in the JCPenney/Kohl's range I have ever seen. It was clean, and organized, which isn't what I expected out of the JCP. I saw "American something" and thought for a minute they had American Apparel, but it was home decor stuff.

I took it too far. I know.

2 comments:

  1. Your knowledge of the NFL is staggering. :-)

    You only know the guys dating the reality sluts. It reminds me of the Seinfeld where Elaine says to Jerry, "It is so sad. All of your knowledge of high culture comes from Bugs Bunny cartoons."

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's pretty impressive, isn't it. I also know Tony Romo, Brian Urlacher, and Hank Baskett.

    ReplyDelete