Thursday, February 11, 2010

Lost? Or organized?

About a month ago some friends and I booked a trip to Mexico. We are going in April. I haven't seen my passport for awhile so I thought I should start looking.

I have been looking for it for weeks.

I thought maybe I should order a new one, but I really like looking at all the stamps of where I've been so that was an option I was not ready to accept. And, I don't have a Mexico stamp yet. Back in my day, passports weren't needed to go to Mexico.

I went through my desk, file cabinet, computer bag (three times), junk organizer thing....couldn't find it.

So this morning I went to the garage to get the ladder so I can get the suitcase down out of the closet. Maybe I left it in my rollie. As I reached for the ladder, I saw an accordion file folder thing on a shelf...in the garage. I'll just look...maybe I put it in there. I do have days where I try to organize things.

Voila!

It was in the tab marked "birth certificates/passport".

In the garage.


Organization doesn't always pay off.

2 comments:

  1. I keep those things in a fire safe locked box in our bathroom closet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more. Had you left it where it didn't make sense, you would have found it ages ago.I believe we try to force our brains to be organized and they are not.

    ReplyDelete